Saturday, August 10, 2013

Introduction

We were given Your Money Map by Howard Dayton (a Christian perspective for money management) for Christmas. We had already been trying to decrease our debt, so we figured it couldn't hurt to see what the book had to say. One of the first steps was to write down everything we spent for 1 month. It was anything but convenient, especially for my trucker husband. However, it was very worth it. By doing this we had a concrete visual of where our money was going. Much of our money was going to groceries, food for the truck, clothes and other basic necessities. The other big area was my husband's cigarettes. I started researching ways to save money around the house, which I will share with you in the next few posts. This is also when I learned everything I could about couponing. A few months later with multiple reasons, my husband was ready to quit the cigarettes. He has been smoke free for 4 months now! Great for his health and it's freed up over $100 a month! Interested in taking this journey with us? Purchase your own copy of Your Money Map here.

If you are interested please leave a comment so that we know.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment