Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Giving With Coupons

I coupon as much as I can to help supplement our income and make up for a portion of what I am no longer bringing home.  We have also extended this to our giving.

Sharing the Coupons with Family and Friends:   We have several older family members, as well as a few disabled ones that are on a fixed income.  My older family members find it difficult to use a computer, making it difficult to experience the full benefits of coupons.  When I am couponing for my family, I keep an eye out for anything that I know they will use.  If I am not sure I call and ask.  Anything I find I clip and mail out.  We do not limit our couponing to helping those on a fixed income.  We use it to help any family member or friend that is open to coupons.  Right now this one of the big ways that we are able to give back to those that have invested so much in us.

Using Coupons to Buy Things for Those in Need: Each year we try to have our children pick out a toy for Toys for Tots that is for a child around their age.  By using coupons we are able to stretch that money even further and either get something a little nicer or get a little more.  We also try to use coupons when buying gifts for others to get them nicer things or make the gift a little larger.

Sending Expired Coupons to Families Overseas:  We first heard about this idea on Extreme Couponers.  However, the show made it sound like the coupons could go to any military family.  Because we have a family member in the military we found out otherwise.  Through Pinterest we found this great website http://www.coupsfortroops.com/ that gives the addresses where you can mail the expired coupons.  They then send them to the families overseas.
How do you use coupons to give??  

Check out our Pinterest Board Giving on a Budget.  Do you have any great pins that encourage giving on creatively or on a budget?  Share them with us.

Next week we will talk about Giving with Donations.

Missed the Beginning of the Series?  Find it Here:
3 Ways We Were Throwing Away Giving Opportunities
Giving on a Limited Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment