Tuesday, September 10, 2013

3 Ways We Were Throwing Away Giving Opportunities

When I was trying to figure out ways to increase our giving, I started by looking in our home.  I was kind of surprised to find that we were actually throwing away ways to give.  These 3 ways were all found right in my kitchen!









Box Tops

While these little squares found on many groceries aren't much, each little bit makes a difference.  It isn't about how much you have to give, but making the most of what you have.  There are so many schools out there that collect these.  We chose to donate ours to a school that made a huge difference in my life.  Head Start had told my family I needed counseling because I didn't like all the fighting that went on around me.  My grandmother heard about this school and they provided me with scholarships, so she pulled me out of Head Start.  This particular school brought back my smile and gave me such a passion for learning that I decided I wanted to be a teacher.  Their website also offers coupons and other promotions.  Visit their website at Growing Local Learning

                                                Campbells Soup Labels


Similar to box tops, but in our experience not as many schools collect these.  There are still plenty out there that do.  We send these to the same school as our box tops. I am fairly new to this website so I can't give you the details of all it has to offer.  Find out for yourself at http://lfestage.familytime.com/

Feeding America
Many boxes and canned goods have coeds on them where various websites will donate so many meals to local food banks.  These usually include a place to enter your zipcode to have the meals donated to the food bank in your area.  (I apologize for not having a picture of this one.  We apparently used up everything that had a code on it before I could get a picture.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment