Thursday, November 7, 2013

Preparing for Christmas

It is that time of year again.  Christmas is by far my favorite holiday.  However, I cannot stand the rush, crowds, or extra stress of the season.  I do everything possible to avoid these things while saving money.  We try to focus on what the season is about - and it most certainly is not about rude, pushy shoppers; crazy amounts of stress; or being super busy.  Our holiday focuses around family and trying to be a blessing to others.
I start planning Christmas the day after Christmas.  Ok, I've already started planning next years Christmas.  I am just about done with this year's Christmas.  As I finish up (or spend time on Pinterest) I find ideas that would be good gifts for people, so I start making my list for next year.
There are so many ways to save money on Christmas, but still have it be meaningful, heartfelt, and not cheap. 
We draw names among the adults on one side of the family.  This is so helpful in decreasing stress, saving money, and creating a less chaotic family event.  Personally, I would much rather put our budgeted amount into one nice gift as opposed to a lot of cheap ones.  We will be drawing this year for this year and next year, which is exciting because then I have all year to prepare and sale shop.  We are hoping that the other side of the family will also be willing to pick names for next year.
As the Christmas season approaches, I will be talking about my Christmas preparations and how we save money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment